Early Omaha: Gateway to the West
|Collections||Exhibits||Street Map||Search||FAQs||Early Omaha Home|
St. Agnes’ Parish was incorporated on April 17, 1886. The cornerstone of the building shown here at 2215 “Q” Street was laid on May 26, 1889 and dedicated on October 13, 1889. The structure was designed with a church on the upper floor and a school on the lower level.
The school opened in September 1889 with 140 pupils. It was in continuous use until a new facility opened in the Fall of 1964.
Text written by Lynn Sullivan, November 2003