Early Omaha: Gateway to the West
|Collections||Exhibits||Street Map||Search||FAQs||Early Omaha Home|
Central Grade was also a wooden joist structure with a brick exterior at 2203 Dodge. It was built in 1892 and added to in 1916. The number of pupils was also greatly reduced due to interstate construction. It was recommended to sell the 1.02 acre site due to its increased value and downtown location. Northern Natural Gas Co. purchased the property and the old school was demolished in August of 1975.
Text written by Lynn Sullivan, November 2003